Sunday, November 09, 2008

808 and Heartbreak A Double Disc??


Now I know MX, usually is on Kanye news ... but I'm pretty sure he's all up in GoW2, killing and doing his damn thing ... which I wish I could be doing, but when you're broke ....

You're broke.

So I searched around, searching and searching ... and came up on some news to blog about and DatPiff surely hit a nice spot. So here's the low-down ... or should I say 'lockdown'

-----------------

As if being a trend setter wasn't enough, Chicago MC Kanye West has now coined his own genre of music. In a recent interview during a press day for 808's & Heartbreak, Kanye says that his latest sound is no longer Hip Hop--it's "Pop Art."

"Pop is such a clear lane and stuff for people to kinda do like bullshit music and it'll still work. So what happens if you take a person that is like super credible in the Hip Hop world--it's like I conquered this world now I'm coming into the lane where it's like just bullshit being made and be like "Nah, ok such and such--you gotta compete with THIS, and THIS has like seventy-two bars of real life lyrics from MY life that I wrote" said Kanye. 

"Now compete with that, and I'm gonna perform it and people'll believe what I'm saying because they know my story. So I created a new genre of music and Itunes can chose to use it or not but this is called "Pop Art"--and that's what I want it to say in Itunes.."Pop Art"  he continued.

You can check out the entire interview below.

Here's the vid ...


4 comments:

no preference said...

I wish Kanye would stick to the type of hip-hop he did back on college drop out. I'm really not feeling his new stuff.

I guess too much success get's to everyone..

'Black Jaysus' said...

His album will be a hit, you got Love Lockdown, Heartless and like many others ... so even though it's a different genre, it'll still be a good album.

Him and Luda will be releasing their albums on the same day, 25th of this month ....

no preference said...

I think it'll be a good CD. I just want Kanye to stop using the T-Pain shit and stop singing and just rap. That's what he does best IMO.

I am definitely looking forward to Luda's CD, as well as Rehab and Detox...

MX said...

That's if Detox is even released in the next Millennium.